The following clipping was found in a collection of materials from Harry Cronise (126.96.36.199.1). The faded red markings on the article itself look like they indicate a publication date of July 29, 1918, although they are hard to read! Of particular interest is an address given by Dr. Esther Lovejoy at the dedication ceremony of the bridge. Click on the image to the left to read all about the celebrations related to the opening of the new bridge.
Marion-Polk Bridge Opening, 1918
Heritage Center2019-04-08T11:30:09-07:00June 22nd, 2012|Categories: Archives Spotlight, Uncategorized|Tags: 1918, Adjutant General Williams, Boy Scouts, Bridge, Carl Gregg Doney, Charles R. Archard, Cherrians, Colonel North, Dr. Esther Lovejoy, Frank Davey, Frank Smith, Front Street, Governor Withycombe, Marion Square, Oregon Guard, Oregon Military Police, Oregon National Guard, Red Cross, Water Street|0 Comments