Key Goals and Strategic Objectives for 2016-2019
Goal 1: Strengthen our position as the region’s leading heritage organization through vigorous scholarship, vibrant programming, and a broader message.
- Professionalize and expand educational offerings, including tiered tour options, a broader selection of services for school groups, and more classes and workshops.
- Increase the historical elements of our events and increase stimulus and interaction in our exhibit spaces, fostering an environment of creativity and engagement.
- Provide myriad ways of accessing and experiencing our historical resources through outreach programs and further development and implementation of the Site Interpretive Plan and our research resources.
Goal 2: Become a pillar of partnership by developing vital relationships with other heritage and cultural organizations in the Mid-Willamette Valley.
- Take up the mantle of leadership offered by our historical community and act as a regional heritage hub through communications, partnering, and reciprocity.
- Connect more strongly with our local community through service organizations, business groups, and other regional non- and for-profit institutions.
- Increase the diversity and number of groups coming through the door by broadening our offerings and becoming a must-join organization for residents of the Mid-Willamette Valley.
Goal 3: Enhance our role as a premier community and historical center in the Mid-Willamette Valley by investing in our site, facilities, assets, and organization.
- Grow revenue sources by expanding our fundraising efforts and sustainably managing our resources—fiscal, physical, and intellectual.
- Attract more visitors by maintaining and upgrading our facilities, thereby increasing the “magic” of our unique historical site for current and future users.
- Strengthen our organization by maintaining strong relationships with an expanded volunteer base, investing in professional compensation and development for staff, and committing to strategic and operational planning.
Approved by the Willamette Heritage Center's Board of Directors, September 2015