by Corey Rosenberg
“The Pike” ice cream shop was located at 138 Liberty St. SE. It was opened by Frank R. Pike in 1938, under the name “Pike’s Super-Creamed Ice Cream Store.” It maintained this name until sometime between 1943 and 1945, when the business was presumably sold to Fredrick C. Klaus. After this point, its was known simply as “The Pike.” This did not change with its subsequent owners, Gerald N. and Doris M. Johnson, and continued until its closure in 1975.