Pleasant Grove Church (1858)
Not Wheel chair accessible
This church, representative of the meetinghouse-style associated with early country churches, was moved from outside of Aumsville to the Museum’s grounds in the 1980s. Also known as the “Condit Church,” after its founding minister, Rev. Phillip Condit, and the community it served. Condit came to Oregon with his family from Pennsylvania in 1854. The building of the church was truly a community effort. The doors, window sashes, pews and pulpit were all handmade by church members and the construction was finished in April 1858. Sadly, Rev. Condit didn’t live to see its completion. The church looks much as it did in its early history. The organ on display is the same one that was donated to the church in 1915 by Ladies Missionary Aid Society. Currently, the church is used for events and museum programs.