Living History Performances:
- Sheep in the Valley, State Fair, Thomas Kay Woolen Mills (with Mark & Donna Hinds)
- 11:00am-12:00pm in the Pleasant Grove Church
- 1:00pm-2:00pm in the Pleasant Grove Church
- 1900 School Day
- 12:00pm-1:00pm in the Pleasant Grove Church
- 2:00pm-3:00pm in the Pleasant Grove Church
- Storyteller Gordon Munro
- 11:00am-2:00pm under the Old Oak Tree (near the Church)
About Mark and Donna Hinds:
Retired educators, calling themselves American Imaginations, Mark and Donna
Hinds have prepared and presented short historical vignettes for over 15 years.
They seek to “put a face on history “in telling the Oregon stories.
As costumed interpreters of Willamette Valley history, they will portray
J.D. and Martha Boon for the Sheep to Shawl event.
Description of the vignette that guests will see:
J.D. and Martha Boon, pioneers of 1845, and owners of a Salem
mercantile store, ponder their twelve year old son’s after school job.
William, who has been helping at Mr. Minto’s land claim four miles
south of town,wants to take on another responsibility for the
herdsman. They ponder the changes they have seen in Salem
since their arrival 15 years ago.