1 Jason Lee House: Served as
headquarters for Meth
odist Mission operations
in the Oregon Country; it also hosted meetings of the early provisional government and served as an early post office. The Lee House was moved here from its original location north of downtown Salem in 1965.
2 Boon House: The oldest single family house still standing in Salem. John Boon and his family came over the Oregon Trail in 1845. After a brief stint homesteading, the family relocated to Salem where John D. Boon became very involved in business and politics. He co-founded the first woolen mill in Oregon and served as the last Territorial and the first State Treasurer in Oregon. The Boon House was moved from north of downtown to its current location in 1972.
3 Parsonage: The second frame structure built with lumber from the Mission’s sawmill. Originally designed as a duplex, it housed those missionaries who oversaw the Indian Manual Training School. This was the only building retained by
the Methodist Church when the mission closed and it served as the parsonage for their minister and as a base for circuit riders, or itinerant preachers in the valley.
4 Pleasant Grove Church: Finished in April of 1858, this church represents a meetinghouse-style associated with early country churches. It is the oldest surviving Presbyterian Church in the Pacific Northwest. The building was moved from outside of Aumsville to the WHC grounds in 1984.
5 Dye House: During the Mill’s operation (1889-1962), dying was done in a series of interconnected sheds and buildings. Today’s Dye House is a reconstruction using an original wall on the south side.