Magic at the Mill
First held in 2000, our annual holiday lights display brings all the magic of the season to downtown Salem..
Come take part in Children’s activities, miniature trains, tours of our historic buildings, blacksmith demonstrations, seasonal food and drink, Santa Claus (if you’ve been good!), and, of course, lots and lots of holiday lights.
Magic at the Mill gives families from the Mid-Willamette Valley the opportunity to enjoy the beauty and wonder of our remarkable site.
WHC Members: Free!
General Admission: $6.00
Ages 4-12: $4.00
Ages 3 and under: FREE
- Make Victorian-era silhouettes
- Craft paper puppets
- Create Bilboquets (cup and ball toys)
- Make “Reindeer food”
- Textile weaving (in partnership with Salem Fiberarts Guild)
- Scavenger hunt for Miss Milly’s Lost Lambs
- Weaving and Lacemaking
- Spinning fiber into threads
Tours Open (Docent-led and Interpretation)
- 1841 Jason Lee House
- 1841 Methodist Parsonage
- 1847 John Boon House
- 1858 Pleasant Grove Church
- 1895 Thomas Kay Woolen Mill
- Stay tuned for 2016 attractions!
- Bella Hill
- Teaselwick Wools
- Compass Gallery
- And More!
- Handmade and vintage gifts
- Woven Scarves, Towels, and other Textiles
- Plush toys, Pin-back buttons, and Magnets
- Ornaments and Vintage items
- Soap, lotions, Teas; Hand-made Wooden Products
- Jewelry, Coffee, and Handbags
- Hand-made Alpaca Hats
- Baked Goods (including gluten-free)